Wisconsin Muzzle Loading Association
"To Preserve and Promote Muzzleloading Heritage"
Wisconsin Muzzzle Loading Association, Inc.
6108 Woods Crossing McFarland WI 53558 US
WMLA Quarterly Meeting
WMLA met for the quarterly meeting on October 14, 2017.
President Don Ellis called the meeting to order.
During the meeting:
* Approved the Treasurer Report.
* Approved the Secretary Report.
* Had presentation from Mark LaBarbera of Midwest Outdoor Heritage Education Expo. He
anticipates over 3000 students in 2018.
* Corrected description of target for M-7; and MS-5 description under Distance.
* Sixteen shoots have been held so far in 2017, ranging from 6 to 23 participants.
* Badger State Muzzleloader publication winter issue deadline is November 15.
* Next Meeting will be January 13th in Poynette.
Respectfully submitted by
Lori Lang, Secretary
A Message from the Association President
January 20, 2018
Greetings to all.
I hope that all of you and your families had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and the hunting season brought good luck to all.
The January meeting for WMLA went fine. We had a guest at the meeting. Joan Kamholtz was there, she is the head of a cancer group called "Justice For a Cure". Since we have several cancer survivors in the WMLA, I thought it would be a good idea for the WMLA to assist in a shoot the hell out of cancer shoot with our muzzle loaders and let Joan's group do the shooting.
We had good reports from all committees that were present.
The three man team shoot is at the Hope Rod and Gun Club on April 21st starting at 9am.
Gary Marciniak harvested a nice buck. There was not much else for game taken.
In about 3 months the shooting season will be starting, it is my hope that more people will get out and do some shooting. Our government says that the economy is doing better if you can believe them, so maybe things will pick up in the shooting sports.
You all have a good rest of the winter, do some small game hunting, take life easy and hope to see some of you at the three man team shoot.